Friday, December 31, 2010

Part 2 - NYE lunch at Alexandros

Then Liz, the friendly and wonderful waitress, brought us the Kefetedes (Greek Meatballs) $8. These are super-flavorful - the mint accent was beautiful! So light - this is one of my favorites.
We ordered the $12 lunch special! Soup, Salad and a Pita Sandwich. We had Avgolemono (lemon orzo soup), small Greek salad and Whole Wheat Gyros. What a bargain! We could not even attempt to eat the gyros...they are here at home for dinner tonight.

In the past - I've had the Mussels - huge lovely bowls of goodness! Garlic/wine mussels. Greek style mussels. and Bacon Spinach mussels. Loved them all.

I've had the grilled octopus. Very nice and big dish.

I've had the Lamb Pita sandwich. Super!

Last time we were at Alexandros I had a beautiful steak and Andrew had the charred chicken.  We still talk about how much we enjoyed that meal.

Once in awhile I stop in and pick up mussels to go.  Andrew and I sit at the kitchen table, eat mussels and talk about the days events.

No comments:

Post a Comment